To become a pharmacist in Malaysia, you need to follow these steps:
- Complete SPM or equivalent: You need to have a minimum of 5 credits in SPM or equivalent including Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
- Obtain a Pre-University qualification: You need to obtain a pre-university qualification such as STPM or A-levels with a minimum of 3 principal passes including Biology and Chemistry, or an equivalent qualification.
- Enroll in a Pharmacy degree program: You need to enroll in a Pharmacy degree program at a recognized institution in Malaysia. The program should be accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and approved by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia. The program duration is typically 4 years.
- Complete a one-year internship: After completing your Pharmacy degree, you need to undergo a one-year internship at a recognized institution or hospital. During this period, you will gain practical experience in various aspects of pharmacy practice.
- Pass the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination: You need to pass the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination conducted by the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia. This exam tests your knowledge of the laws and regulations related to pharmacy practice in Malaysia.
- Register with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia: After passing the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination, you need to register with the Pharmacy Board of Malaysia. You will be issued a license to practice as a registered pharmacist in Malaysia.
- Continuously upgrade your knowledge: As a registered pharmacist, you are required to continuously upgrade your knowledge and skills by attending relevant courses and seminars. This will ensure that you provide the best possible care to your patients.
In conclusion, becoming a pharmacist in Malaysia requires a minimum of 5 years of education and training. It is a rewarding profession that offers opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Here is an estimate of the monthly salary range for pharmacists in Malaysia, based on their years of experience and job position:
|Job Position||Years of Experience||Monthly Salary Range (MYR)|
|Pharmacist||0-2 years||3,000 – 4,000|
|3-5 years||4,000 – 5,000|
|6-8 years||5,000 – 6,000|
|9-11 years||6,000 – 7,000|
|12+ years||7,000 – 9,000|
|Senior Pharmacist||0-2 years||4,000 – 5,000|
|3-5 years||5,000 – 6,000|
|6-8 years||6,000 – 7,000|
|9-11 years||7,000 – 8,000|
|12+ years||8,000 – 10,000|
|Pharmacy Manager||0-2 years||5,000 – 6,000|
|3-5 years||6,000 – 7,000|
|6-8 years||7,000 – 8,000|
|9-11 years||8,000 – 9,000|
|12+ years||9,000 – 12,000|
Please note that these are just estimated ranges and actual salaries may vary depending on various factors such as location, type of pharmacy or healthcare facility, job responsibilities, and additional qualifications or certifications.